The Vein Clinic at First Coast Cardiovascular Institute (FCCI): Jacksonville’s Only Comprehensive Vein Clinic
Venous disease is a condition impacting a large portion of the US population. 50% of women and 40% of men suffer from a venous problem. Chronic venous insufficiency (CVI) is one of the most common types of venous disease. CVI affects 25 million Americans, or roughly 5% of the US population. One of the biggest misnomers surrounding CVI is simply that it is another term for varicose veins. However, CVI can encompass a wide variety of comorbidities including hereditary, hormonal, trauma, and previous deep vein thrombosis. If left untreated, CVI can lead to edema, chronic life-threatening infections of the lower extremities, and blood clots.
Patients have many choices when it comes to vein clinics in Jacksonville. However, no vein clinic is quite as comprehensive as ours. The Vein Clinic at FCCI examines venous health in terms of each patient’s overall health and wellness using a personalized approach.
Why choose the Vein Clinic at FCCI?
- The only vein clinic in Northeast Florida to house a team of board certified endovascular and vascular physicians. In addition, our team encompasses cardiovascular, sleep medicine, wound care, and pulmonary specialists.
- We are the only freestanding catheterization laboratory to focus on the treatment and management of clotted veins. Clotted veins occur when veins become twisted, affecting blood flow and causing a blood clot.
- A 360-degree approach to vein health, from chronic leg pain to cosmetic appearance
- Accreditation by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission in the field of vascular testing
- Registered vascular technologists
- A full assessment of your risk factors, signs, and symptoms, beyond your vein health
- Services in an outpatient setting, keeping your costs low and our services convenient
What happens if I have symptoms that are suggestive of venous disease, but no vein disease is found?
Often times, a patient comes in with symptoms that are suggestive of venous disease. However, after undergoing testing, we discover that the patient does not have venous disease. This means their symptoms are actually indicative of another condition. When this happens, we have a team of specialists that are board certified in cardiovascular medicine, sleep medicine, wound care, and pulmonology ready to care for the patient. We are the only vein clinic in the area to house a team of multi-specialists as extensive as ours under the same roof.
Schedule your free vein screening.
Venous screening is a test that takes about 20 minutes to determine your risk level for venous disease. The test involves taking an ultrasound scan of the leg to assess vein function and identify vein blockages that could lead to CVI. Call us at 904.493.3333 to schedule your free vein screening.*
Schedule Your Free Vein Screening
- Pain when standing that becomes less noticeable when legs are elevated
- Ulcers on the legs
- Unexplained swelling (edema)
- Lower pelvic pain for women
- Large varicose veins on the back of your thighs
- Veins across the abdomen or pelvic area
- Varicose veins across the vaginal area
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Prior or current deep venous thrombosis (including IVC stent placement)
- Changes in skin color (red or brown)
- Weakness in the legs
- An aching sensation
- Spider or reticular veins
- Blue, green or purple veins that are apparent from the surface of the skin
- Veins that are twisted and bulging
This is a minimally invasive procedure that uses a specifically designed ultrasound probe to image the deep veins in the legs, pelvis, and abdomen from within the veins. This type of imaging gives an expanded view of the inside of the vein to differentiate deep vein thrombosis, compression, and other types of pathology affecting the venous circulation.
This x-ray exam shows how blood is flowing throughout your veins to assess the presence of blood clots or identify a vein for a procedure.
This is a procedure performed to widen the veins using an inflatable balloon, which results in improved blood flow.
Stents are used to keep the veins open to allow for adequate blood flow.
This non-invasive laser procedure lasts about an hour. This technique uses heat to treat the underlying causes of varicose veins. There is little to no pain associated and the success rate is 98-100 percent.
This procedure eliminates persistent varicose veins through a tiny needle puncture. There is a quick recovery time and no large scars as a result of the procedure.
Spider veins are the result of blood vessels that collect close to the surface of the skin, giving the skin a distorted appearance. We are able to successfully eliminate the appearance of spider veins through chemical ablation (sclerotherapy).
Reticular veins are similar to varicose veins but usually smaller in size and deeper under the skin’s surface. Reticular veins often give a blue, green appearance and often form into spider veins. We are able to eliminate reticular veins through minimally-invasive procedures such as sclerotherapy.
*THE PATIENT AND ANY OTHER PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYMENT HAS A RIGHT TO REFUSE TO PAY, CANCEL PAYMENT, OR BE REIMBURSED FOR PAYMENT FOR ANY OTHER SERVICE, EXAMINATION, OR TREATMENT THAT IS PERFORMED AS A RESULT OF AND WITHIN 72 HOURS OF RESPONDING TO THE ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE FREE, DISCOUNTED FEE, OR REDUCED FEE SERVICE, EXAMINATION, OR TREATMENT.