innerbg.jpg

prevention

The Heart of the Matter

Cardiovascular disease occurs when plaque builds up in the blood vessels over time, causing blockages in the heart and other vessels throughout the body. In recent years, the prevalence of cardiovascular disease amongst men and women in the US has been on the rise, according to a study from the American

Redefining a Physician’s Approach to Vascular Disease

BLOG 4.20.18First Coast Cardiovascular Institute (FCCI) leads the community in endovascular therapies that lead to shorter procedural and recovery times. In the past, vascular problems were primarily diagnosed and treated at hospitals with surgery as the primary treatment. However, with the aggressive growth of endovascular medicine, many patients are receiving all

Heart Failure Awareness Week

HEART FAILURE BLOG 2.16.18American Heart Month is all about raising awareness on the importance of heart health. This week in particular brings the attention to a chronic condition known as heart failure, which currently affects nearly 5.7 million adults in the US. Continue reading “Heart Failure Awareness Week”

The Role of Nutrition in Breast Cancer Prevention

BREAST CANCER BLOG 10.12.17By Lauren Dimitrov, RDN, MPH, LDN

Everywhere you look this month you will see the color pink in representation of Breast Cancer Awareness month. There are certain risk factors associated with breast cancer that you cannot change, including age, genetics, race, ethnicity, and family history. However, recent studies have

Stress & Heart Health: The Connection

HEART BLOG 8.17.17Stress is an inevitable aspect of life. Whether it’s the stress of meeting deadlines at work or school, managing your finances, or juggling multiple obligations between family and friends, stress is something that is part of our daily lives.  Not only can stress leave you feeling mentally exhausted, it

Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Linguine

Roasted+Vegetable+Quinoa+LinguineOur friends at Native Sun love this roasted vegetable quinoa linguine recipe (our doctors love it too). Quinoa linguine is made from quinoa instead of wheat and provides a myriad of health benefits. Quinoa pasta is a great source of protein as well as iron. It is also gluten-free for those

How much H2O do you really need?

TMP_6635It seems like we’re always being told to drink more water, but how much water is really enough? Water supports your energy levels, brain function, and improves weight control. But when it comes to how much water we should be drinking, it seems like every source you turn to throws a different

Thoughtful Tuesday

PHOTO“According to current research, only about 10% of our happiness is based on our external world. The other 90% is based on how we see the world.”

-From “The Happiness Equation” by Neil Pasricha

We’ve talked about perception many times

$89.99 Could Help You Avoid Being Another Statistic

SSSL8851Vascular imaging can detect the onset of many heart and vascular diseases so we may have the chance for early prevention & intervention. Continue reading “$89.99 Could Help You Avoid Being Another Statistic” »

Good News: Deaths Related to Heart Disease Going Down

TMP_5603Heart disease has remained the number one killer in the United States. Many efforts have been made to raise awareness on the prevention of heart disease. Organizations such as the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association have succeeded in making this their number one mission and spreading the

Most Popular

SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT
Simple Share Buttons